Sunday, November 28, 2010

And So I Stopped

It was just an ordinary afternoon for me.
It's a holiday and it's a perfect time for me to relax (though I've been relaxing for 6 days already).
My phone beeped and it displayed a text message from someone I spent a part of my life thinking of "what could have beens".


We discussed a lot of things, of how we were, of how the things have gone since we parted ways.
I guess it was the third time we talked about that without realizing we were running in circles every time.


He kept saying sorry, and I kept on saying that it's ok.
Three years have passed and I guess he's still having a hard time forgetting the way we were.
He just keeps on talking and talking about it though he was really the one who left me.


I don't know, but I guess I have moved on and he hasn't yet.


Or maybe I was just being defensive about myself to prove that I have forgotten everything.


I did not.


We continued our conversation til it led to the topic of us in the future.
I just smiled.
What the hell is this guy thinking?


I don't know.


"We both have moved on." I told him.
And so I stopped from there.


I guess there are really people who will come into our lives only to teach us how to live alone.
I'm not alone, though. I have my friends.


But the sad part is, none of them equates to that very person who gave you the most heartbreaking moment in your life.


No one.


I know someday we'll meet again.
I don't know what exactly could happen.


Maybe I'll just smile at him.
Or maybe I'll ignore him.




Memories may be nice, but that's all they are.

4 comments:

  1. All of us learn how to move on... but not all of us are capable of getting over the past.

    Welcome sa magulong at masayang mundo ng blogsphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Past is past and we cannot change it. All we need to do is just to move forward. Welcome my friend to the world of blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi just followed your blog hope u'l follow me too thanks!

    ReplyDelete