Sunday, December 11, 2011

Stalker.

Jingle Bells was in the background as I was walking inside the crowded department store.
It is my habit, I guess, of spoiling myself at least once a week.
And while browsing through a pile of tripods and other obscura accessories, my heart skipped a beat. No, not just a beat, but beats.

I saw his mom and younger brother.
All I can whisper was the word "shit". It came to my thinking that maybe, just maybe, he was also there. Somewhere.
I was captured in a reverie of bumping into him, exchanging hellos, smiles, and all.
Reality: I started walking. I was shaking, every step feels like I'm falling, anxious that I might bump into him any minute in that pillow-frenzy place.

Truth is, I was really hoping that I would see him. Really hoping. I caught myself looking at all directions.

5, 8, 10 minutes.
No sign of him.
Then I sighed.

"I'll just pig out."
I said to myself.

I went down, looking at all people. One may actually suspect me of stalking.

-

I placed my order. Lasagna and a glass of water.
My eyes are all over the place as I patiently wait for my food to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment